In this Trek To Yomi achievements guide, we will go over every single potential achievement for the game on Steam.
You might be wondering how to acquire all the Trek To Yomi achievements when you first start playing the game. There’s a lot to grasp here, and this Trek To Yomi achievements guide is going to enlighten your journey. Furthermore, you can refer to the table of contents below if you are looking for specific Trek To Yomi achievement guide. Continue reading the Trek To Yomi achievements guide for the complete list of accomplishments.
In addition, we give our sincere thanks to the user “TonyCrossbow” for making this Trek To Yomi achievements guide possible.
Trek To Yomi Achievements Guide – Walkthrough
The Trek to Yomi is a short 2.5D side scrolled game.
Before we start the Trek To Yomi achievements guide, I would encourage you to play through the first play through blind as to 100% the game it will take a minimum of three (3) playthroughs (without save manipulating).
There are only three endings (and a secret one) that can be obtained in each play through. To be optimal I would recommend doing your first and blind play through on Ronin (hard) difficultly, otherwise, you may have to do a fourth play through.
The game isn’t too difficult and is quite forgiving making the Trek To Yomi an achievable 100%.
The first play through took me five (5) hours and subsequent playthroughs took around three (3) hours.
Rough Estimate Time to 100%: 12 Hours
The estimate is based off three (3) playthroughs. The first being the blind Ronin (Hard) play through. The second I would recommend is the one-hit play through and the last play through on any difficultly of your choosing collecting all the collectables and upgrades.
Anyway, good luck.
General Achievements – Unmissable Story Achievements
- Young blood – Kill your first enemy
- End of kindergarten – Finish Chapter 1
- After the storm – Finish Chapter 2
- Dust and ashes – Finish Chapter 3
- Fleeting destiny – Finish Chapter 4
- Afterlife traveler – Finish Chapter 5
- Trek’s end? – Finish Chapter 6
- Samurai dies twice – Complete the Game
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken-Complete the game in Ronin mode. This is hard mode and many encounters in the game are much more difficult
Unstoppable – Complete the game on Kensei mode.
Kensei mode is unlocked when you complete the game once on any difficulty. This is the one-hit kill and death mode, it will require you to learn the boss patterns to a high degree. I didn’t find any significant difficulties with this mode after completing the game on Kensei mode.
Next in this Trek To Yomi achievements guide is the ending accomplishments.
- Follow your Heart – Choose Yuki at the end of chapter 6 after the boss battle
- Follow your mind – Choose Duty at the end of chapter 6 after the boss battle
- Follow your blade – Choose Revenge at the end of chapter 6 after the boss battle
- Early End – Kill the boss in Chapter 3. This is the secret ending. After you kill the boss you can still continue with the story in chapter 4. I would try to get this achievement with “No, that’s not possible.” You will only get one attempt per play through at this.
Other Achievements – Hitless Challenges
- I’ll put this spear into – Kill Sadatame without getting hit in Chapter 2
- That woman is a demon! – Kill Aiko Demon without getting hit in Chapter 4
- Forgive me, sensei – Kill Sanjuro Demon without getting hit in Chapter 5
- Clash in a mirror – Kill Hiroki Demon without getting hit in Chapter 6
- No, that’s not possible – Kill Kagerou Shogun without getting hit in Chapter 3.
I would recommend to manually back up the game before attempting this challenge as once you die you will be sent to chapter 4.
The final section of this Trek To Yomi achievements guide will include some miscellaneous achievements.
- This will come in handy – Collect your first upgrade.
- Men-Kaeshi-Dou – Execute 50 successful counters
- Bloodlust – Perform 50 finishers. This is a staple on Ronin difficultly.
- Malicious mischief – Kill 10 enemies without using any weapon. These are just environmental kills. This will come through naturally
- Big Bertha – Kill 3 enemies at once with the Ozutsu. There will be parts of chapter 4 where there are enemies who are all in a line. I would recommend doing this either in Easy or Kensei.
- Untouchable – Complete a whole chapter without dying and using a shrine. Self-explanatory, although I would attempt this on the easiest difficultly in chapter 2. Chapter 1 has a shrine that cannot be avoided.
I hope you like this Trek To Yomi guide. We have provided all the information in this Trek To Yomi Walkthrough that will help you in better understanding of the gameplay.